This semester we are excited to continue adding new programs allowing us to provide opportunities for more kids:
- Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation /IS 171, Cypress Hills Brooklyn will host two continuing programs this semester: Musical Theater at IS 171, where students in grades 5-8 will culminate a year long program with performances of an adaptation of In The Heights under the direction of Teaching Artists Taylor Valentine (Theater) and Kevin Alan Daniels (Choreography);
- and Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation/Beacon, Cypress Hills Brooklyn where our Percussion Ensemble with our Teaching Artist David Freeman will continue from the fall. David will lead students from grades 5-8 in learning technique and exploring sounds of Afro-Caribbean ethnic drumming.
- Spring Creek Community Corporation, located in the neighborhood formerly called Starrett City, Brooklyn, will partner with us again, this time on a Theater Arts program for students in grades 2-4 taught by Heleya de Barros.
- Lincoln Square Neighborhood Center will hold two programs: a continuation of our Visual Arts program sponsored by Lowy Frame the Future, taught by Teaching Artist Michelle Hill;
- Lincoln Square Neighborhood Center is also adding a new Percussion Ensemble taught by our veteran Teaching Artist, David Freeman.
- Lincoln Park Apartments in Newark, NJ will continue the year-long program, “Seeing The World Through Digital Media.” Children ages 7-12 will continue to expand upon their work from this fall, learning the art of filmmaking with our Teaching Artist JC Cotti.
All Arts to Grow programs are made possible through the generosity of our donors. To find out how you can help bring arts education to more children in need, please visit our website.